Near mis or near hit? Trac great.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biznaga

Reaction score
I was comming home last night after a camping trip and pulling my popup. I was doing about 45-50, taking it easy as I was in no hurry. Good thing I was not going faster. Comming over a mountain pass (dark and had fog lights on) when suddenly there were three deer meandering across the hiway.

Hit the brakes hard, swerved between two and just barly got by without hitting one of them.

I have stock Trac and it performed wonderfully. Brakes worked fine (no brakes on the popup) and there was no swaying as I swerved around the deer.

man, could have had dinner for a month!....:lol:

Glad your ok....

Todd Z

I was coming home from work about 2:30 one morning a year ago in June and hit a small dear going about 50-55 and did about 2200.00 in damage to the 2000 Zr2 Blazer I had before the Trac. Danm things come outta nowhere!

Glad you missed them. You should take a rifle next time, venison is delicious!

We had a doe run right in front of us Sunday, while on the way home from Myrtle Beach. I didn't have my rifle either! :(:D

sounds surprising that without some brake setup on the popup you did so well. Very happy to hear your well. Now like Todd Z says let's go back and try again.:rolleyes:

Latest posts