Need a part Coastie......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are referring to the console cover/lid correct???

And I assume you have the full console based on your description?

Sorry I wasn't too descrpitive, I wasn't aware there were a few variations.

My console does not have a lid, It just had an armrest that flipped up or down.

I have seen others describe a "bag" attached to the console, mine has no such bag. It may have when new, but I bought it used. If it is supposed to have the bag, throw it in:)

Now, to throw the topic completely around, Could I convert the console into a "full console" ?

Worth it?

You can convert to a full console. I has rear A/C controls as well as the rear Audio Controls. If you have a 01 Job 1 I don't think the wire harness is there for the Rear Audio Controls. You can easily wire in the rear A/C controls as it is nothing but a 12 volt positive wire that is required.

Used Full Consoles run 2 hundred to 3 hundred for everything you will need.

I would think that just the arm rest you are looking for would be 30 to 50 max end.

I'll do a search and post a picture of the bag I am referring too.

Andy...great question!!! I never thought about a full console! Hey Coastie...I have an '05...

could I convert that into a full console...and would it be worth it? I have the flip up armrest

with the "bag" underneath for storage.:unsure:

Did a search, here is the bag that goes with the "Shorty" console.

Think about your options and let me know what you want me to look for.

[Broken External Image]:

Doing a quick search of 1800 yards this is what I found,

2003 Console Ford Explorer TAN,FLR CONSOLE 5H27 $335

2004 Console Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4DR,GRY,AOT,XLT WI5069 $275

2003 Console Ford Explorer 4DRXLS,4X4,SUV,CHARG RA,AOD,COL 050215 $265

2003 Console Ford Explorer Sport GRAPHITE,COL,COMPARE STYLES 043185 $265

2002 Console Ford Explorer Sport Trac MATCH ONLY 205UPP $225

And there are more....

This will give you an idea basically. I would suggest that it will cost a few more dollars as in your cases you will need/want the mounting brackets as well and the ducting and wire harnesses..

Let me know...

Full console :cool:

I of course want it to be in decent shape, but closer to 200 is better than 300 in order to keep the peace with my wife;)

Of course, if you want, I can send you back my "shorty" console. It is in great shape....other than the cracked armrest. The base is fine.

Dan-

I have been contemplating converting for a little while, but when my armrest cracked, it was my moment of clarity. Sounds like it is not too hard to do. As far as rear audio controls, as an EE, I will figure something out:cool:

BTW, if you have a "shorty" console and children, make sure none of them crawl across the armrest while down. Apparently, it can't take much weight. My 5 year old was heading from the passenger side to the drivers side to grab something for me, and...........SNAP!

Andy, more than likely I can find the color you want as well. Tell me a color and I will go for it first.

No matter at what we do I will get you a concrete price and then go from there. You will have zero obligation until you pay me.

OK...

for colors, I see Graphite and Grey......mine is dark Grey, Truck exterior is black.

But I am not sure which color Ford is calling it.

Need a code from the doorjam?