Need advice

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Roncarati

Reaction score
From a prior post, my ST has been diagnosed by the dealer to need a transmission mount replaced, as well as a torsion bar isolator. They have ordered the parts, and are waiting for me to call and set up an appointment to have them rip me off, I mean put them in. With the oil pressure switch and those other 2 parts they want $360.00 labor. Are these things any mechanic can do? A co-worker has a mechanic and ran those parts by him and he said labor would be about $150 for all three parts, sounds like a deal. My question though is: Are there any special tools or anything fancy from Ford that would be needed for the torsion bar isolator?

Thanks, Always looking to save a few bucks!

You can do the oil pressure switch yourself. Takes maybe a half hour. The part itself is only $9-$11 at part stores.

Yeah, I wasn't going to have the dealer do that one, they wanted 60.00 to do that alone. I just wanted to make sure this other mechanic would be able to handle the other 2. Thanks.

Yeah, I wasn't going to have the dealer do that one, they wanted 60.00 to do that alone. I just wanted to make sure this other mechanic would be able to handle the other 2. Thanks.

Mike,

the torsion bar repair is the only part that might be iffy.

As long as your guy has experience with unloading the torsion bars, you should be ok.

Latest posts