Need help finding car care kit (soap/wax/etc)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Hale

Reaction score
Hi all, I am trying to find a gift for someone and he wants a car care kit. Here are the details:

I am trying to keep it under $50 (college kid expense limit :) )

I need:

Car Wash

Wax

Interior

Wheel/Tire

Clay Bar if possible

Also some cloths and all that good stuff to come with it would be great.

In my years of being here I have seen a ton of suggestions about this stuff, but am having trouble finding those posts now, and I want something that comes in a complete kit.

So thanks for any recomendations!

Megiurs is a good product..I have seen special pack kits at walmart, this time of year..Havent been there this year though...

Second on the Meguiars. Especially the tech wax products if he has a dark colored car.

You could also grab a bunch of products, and stick them in a bucket, then wrap the whole thing in aluminum foil and duct tape. If you shop around and find them on sale, you could keep it under 50 and get an assortment of the below:

Meguiars:

NXT car wash soap

NXT tech wax (paste or liquid)

Quick Clay system

Purple tire gel (no spray) / tire swipes, or a 3" paint brush.

Stoner Products:

invisible glass

tarminator

trim shine

fabprotex

carpet / upholstery cleaner

ArmorAll Wipes

The Absorber Synthetic Drying Chamois

detailing brushes

car wash sponge / wash brush / tire brush / wheel brush

He can buy his own cloths, applicators for polishing etc.. or he may get a buffer.

What do you think of this package?

NXT Supreme Car Care Kit

1 G12718 NXT Tech Wax 18 oz.

1 G13224 NXT Speed Detailer 24 oz.

1 G13324 NXT Glass Cleaner 24 oz.

1 G12664 NXT Car Wash Soap 64 oz.

1 G13005 NXT All Metal Polysh 5 oz.

1 G13616 Quik Detailer Interior 16 oz.

1 Meguiar's Small Clay Bar

1 X2060 Duo-Fiber Glass Towel

1 X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel 3-Pack

1 X2070 Super Suede Microfiber Drying Towel

1 X3010 Ultra Plush Wash Mitt

1 X3070 Hi-Tech Applicator 2-Pack

1 Free Duffel Bag

1 Free Decal

Regular $114.00 Save $36.00

Internet Special

$75.00

[Broken External Image]:

I think everyone should own and use a Mr. clean auto dry system. I bought one for a buddy of mine for his birthday back in july because I like mine so much. just a thought.

like others said, go get a bucket and fill it up at the local parts house...... wrap in foil, the sunday funnies, or even just clear saran wrap and give it to him.

Thanks a lot for all the responses! I may just go the custom route, might save some money and make sure I get the best of each of what he needs!

Thanks again!

-Derek

Meguires wax is great and the Absorber drying "cloth" is great. I like blue coral car wash. I also recommend getting a good squegee to help get water beads of your ST if you live in an area with hard water.

DD