Need help with a pdf file

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
I finally got a copy of my VA disability papers from 2002. I scanned them today and for some reason my scan software will not make the scans PDF like it used to. Each page is a jpeg file. I have them compresed but it's still 18mg. Can I send it to someone that can make them 1 pdf file in the correct page order? Let me know and I'll send it to you. I can do it through PDF Creator but it won't print the pages in order, even though they are sequenced in the file names... THANKS

LaRue,

I can do it for you, or at least try?. I have PDF Creator as well but my HP Scanner/Laser Printer creates PDF files. How many pages are in the document? I don't know if my email will accept an 18MB file, but we can give it a try?

...Rich

Richard, it's 12 pages. Like I said my PDF creator won't let them stay in order. I'll go split the files and send them to you...

LaRue,

I got your zip files and converted the Jpeg to a single pdf and emailed it back to you.

...Rich

Next time..

if you have READER.. you have a Printer that is PDF.

take the image.. and Print it to the PDF printer.. it will save the file as a pdf. for you..

or you need to get adobe Acrobat or equivalent.

LaRue & Redfish,

Thanks...glad to do it.

Sal A,

That is not entirely true. When I got the JPG files from LaRue, I tried to see if I could save them directly to a PDF but the "Save as PDF File" option was not there as it appears in some other documents. I have Adobe Reader, and even have the full Adobe Acrobat software...I found that PDF Creator and PDF Complete work better for me and what I need to do. I also have other PDF software that allows me to insert, delete, or resequence pages. In the end the simplest solution was to print them and sending them back through my scanner to a single PDF file, and that worked perfectly.

...Rich

Sal A,

I also wanted to add the fact that Adobe Reader does not play well with other PDF software programs.

If you have PDF Complete and Adobe Reader, Adobe will walk all over your PDF files if they were created by other PDF software. Adobe Reader overlays the top left corner of each page in the document with a large block of text that states that this page was created with PDF-Complete or the name of the software that created the file, and cannot be viewed with PDF Reader, so you have to change your default PDF reader to open with something other than Adobe Reader...This kind of defeats the purpose of having Adobe Reader, when other PDF software does so much more than just read or write PDF files...and most are FREE !

...Rich

LaRue...

In the future, scan them and put them into word. When you go to save them click the SAVE AS button and tell word to save them as PDF.

All versions of Word have this feature..

Latest posts