need help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Cook

Reaction score
hey i am thinking about doing a shackle lift and a torsion twist on my 05 ST, i was wondering if anyone had done this and could offer any advice like where to buy the shackles and an other info would be greatly appreciated, THANX.

Tons of people have done the TT/Shackle lift, but I am not sure how many have had a chance to do one on a 2005.

Here is the link to a step by step process on the procedure:

http://mikeegan.stormpages.com/Torsion.html

--On the shackle lift. It is a very simple process. I had better luck using a scissor jack vs. a bottle jack to compress the leaf springs because it wedged in between the frame and the leaf springs better.

--On the torsion twist, just make sure you don't exceed 2 inches. I had to turn out the screw 4 turns on one side and 3 on the other side. It will vary between the vehicles.

--You should get an alignment done when finished. Some people required camber kits to get a proper alignment. I believe the newer models had some other trick to adjust without the kit. Also, people can just purchase the individual camber plates for like $7 a piece from Ford instead of buying a whole kit. None the less your vehicle is probably still under warranty and the dealership may take care of everything for you.

You might to do a search. A good one was called, "a question about lifting".

I believe a common place to purchase the shakles is at:

www.tellico4x4.com

part number: war 153 ($44.76)

You may end up having to do multiple searches in the end to find out the questions you seek (rubbing issues, stock shock issues, alignment recommendations, etc.).

Many people had to cut the rear wheel liner on the passenger side a bit to prevent rubbing if they went to larger tires after doing the lift.

Same as bpoche:

[Broken External Image]:

It was winter plus I'd had surgery on my elbow so I just had an alignment shop do the whole thing, cost about $160 plus the shackles. You should get the front realigned anyway if you do this.

Latest posts