Need New Tires - Opinions?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George C

Reaction score
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I posted but I'm always here behind the scenes.

After almost 7 years with my current tires it is time to replace them. Plenty of tread left but they are dry rotting now and have to go. Current size is 285/75/16 and I have the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO. These have been great tires but I was looking for a change.

Has anyone used the Nitto Dune Grappler DT? These have a nice looking tread and flames on the sidewall which make them stand out. The truck is driven on road 95% of the time so the tires need to be great on road and in rain and snow.

Any other opinions?

Thanks,

George

51129adf48bed4c66b1a2fb4318227eb.jpg

Going by the looks of the tread pattern those tires appear to be strictly for looks only. Theirs no directional tread pattern that would help for drive in rain/snow/ice or even on dry pavement. I've seen guys run these on their show vehicles and they've told me they suck for driving and they wear out too fast. Honestly I wouldn't buy them but that's just me.

George, I am also putting new tires on my ST and also want something that will work well for off road and gravels. The tire that I am going with are the Firestone Destination A/T. They are getting great reviews from the different sites that i have looked at, plus my mother had them on her jeep and she absolutely loved them. And they seem to be cheaper than the lower rated tires in this category. JMO :supercool:

My buddy has had Destination A/Ts on his Supercharged Frontier for approximately 250 miles. He says they absolutely rock in comparison to his OEs. He also states that he's never felt his truck so "surefooted" and "stable" in accident avoidance situations and in the rain. The only complain he has is that the tread pattern does tend to hold on to pebbles and sling them out once he gets up to city/highway speeds. His paint has some pitting and chipping now. Just my 2 cents.

Current size is 285/75/16 and I have the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO. so you like these tires. right now i am running r16 70 255 millchen ltx ms. they are great but looking for something with a bigger bite. how they ride. i have 6 years and over 60,000 miles on mine.

thanks

hdt.

Falken is looking good too !!

Todd Z

I'm running the BFG TA/KO's 285/75/16 and they ride hard. I'm looking to get General Grabber AT2's, possibly others once I start looking more.

:banana:

Thanks everyone, I guess those are out. I will check out the Firestone's and Falken's.

hdt, the BFG's are great. I can't comment on the hard ride because I installed the tires, new shocks and lift all at the same time. Rider is definitely harder but it is a combo of everything. I would definitely recommend the tires.

George

I have Destination A/T's also, 20,000 miles on them and they look like new. Quiet for an A/T and decent enough in snow.

Latest posts