need opinions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philipac

Reaction score
so i want to buy another sport trac but i dont know what to look for. i know everyone will have different opinions on them here but i want 4x4 and a v8 and was woundering if it would be better to get a first or second gen to build something to overland with.

so i want to buy another sport trac but i dont know what to look for. i know everyone will have different opinions on them here but i want 4x4 and a v8 and was woundering if it would be better to get a first or second gen to build something to overland with.
I've got the first Gen and parts are scarce and I would buy a 2 gen if given the choice. Just better upgrades on 2 gen I think as well.
My 2 cents...

i would stick with gen 1, i like the changes to 04,05 best and had a new 2nd gen and did not like it much, you can buy a gen 1 used for parts for way cheaper then buying a newer gen, but if you like a car feel then go gen 2. you can get a whole truck with great parts and no rust in west coast for way cheaper then east coast, engines usually gone or trans but 500, to a grand.

you can get a whole truck with great parts and no rust in west coast for way cheaper then east coast, engines usually gone or trans but 500, to a grand.

there was a handsome red 2004 locally, for $1000, needed a new transmission. I was sorely tempted but didn't have anywhere to keep it. Kinda wanted to buy it and keep it in reserve for later..

Latest posts