Need photos of sub location

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve McKellop

Reaction score
Since I don't have the fancy-smancy stuff I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the sub locations in the different year model Tracs.

I'm researching this for another Trac owner so help me out. Is it true or not true that the early Gen 1's had the sub in the left rear storage compartment? He has the STA with the sub under the rear seat but wants to be able to fold BOTH sides of his rear seat. I was thinking the 01-02 & maybe 03 had the sub behind the seat.

If you have the compartment mounted sub let me know the year model and a photo would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks but the photos I need are of the earlier (I think) sub located in the rear storage compartment. He has the under-seat sub now in his 2004.

Yes the 1st Gen tracs have them behind the driver side rear passenger seat and that side can still fold down. I have an 05 XLT with premium sound system, I'll post some pics later.

The sub under the seat sounds SOOOOOOO much better.......

Todd Z

I have the adrinalin package sub under my back seat and can not fold the smaller section. Of the back seat down. If there is some trick let me know!!:supercool:

Tommy, Nope.... it will not fold..

Carlos.... LOL.... i sold the 04..... my 03 has a Cwells dual box behind the seat !!!!!

THUMP !!!

Todd Z

Yes the 1st Gen tracs have them behind the driver side rear passenger seat and that side can still fold down. I have an 05 XLT with premium sound system, I'll post some pics later.

So, Premium system subs are behind the seat. Does that mean the Adrenalin gets the under seat sub?

Steve,

In the 2001 to 2003 ST the sub is behind the rear seat I believe the Adren got the sub under the seat and the premium stayed behind the seat...

Check out the projects section, there is a good project on installing the behind the seat box.

Todd Z

An OEM sub behind the rear seat is what I'm trying to verify with an actual photo.:sad::banghead::grin:

From Todd:

In the 2001 to 2003 ST the sub is behind the rear seat I believe the Adren got the sub under the seat and the premium stayed behind the seat...

Thanks Mike. That "looks" a lot like what I imagine an OEM setup looks like.

This is the door on my left compartment with what appears to be a provision for either a speaker or a speaker grille.

8c527bbd74012e384964360af83bf4e0.jpg

Edit: Getting off my lazy butt and researching my Parts Manual I have located the diagrams of what I was looking for an actual PHOTO of.

d3a843e2bb02b37965bb3cff88c9c9e7.jpg

Steve, Is this what you need? (Sorry, I took this with my cell phone)

I have the 01 ST with the Pioneer 6 Disc system.

Let me know if you need any additional pics/angles.

Factory Sub:

[Broken External Image]:

Thank you all for the photos! Nice setups everyone.:haveabeer: Dave posted the OEM factory photo I was seeking.:supercool: