Need some advice about Ellie Mae

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey B

Reaction score
My ST, Ellie Mae, will lose her warranty in the first part of March. So far the extended warranty has been great, saved me lots of $$$. BTW she is a 2001 with 74+K on her. My biggest concern is the tranny. Before there was a 2-3 flare which was very apparent in cold conditions but warmer weather would mask the situation. Finally the O/D light came on for the dealer to "duplicate" the problem and the gasket, solenoid, etc... was fixed, supposedly. A flare reoccured and still happens when shifting between 2-3 but only when it is cold and it's not that bad but happens. It is Feb so it happens every day until the truck warms up. I can't afford to give the dealer another $100 (deductable) just to say we can't duplicate the problem.

I think it needs to be on record that the problem that occured before, which eventually led to a O/D light, is still occuring. How do I approach the dealer? I love my ST and I've made the decision to keep her (it was a long and hard decision). What would you do? Should there be some kind of guarantee on the previous work? I feel that at the minimum it needs to be on record that there is stilll a problem. Ideas and opinions are appreciated.

Sounds like they have been band-aiding your tranny until now. It will go soon, probably within the next 20K miles or so, so save your money to replace it, or trade in the ST before it starts getting chronic...that's my advice.

C,

Have you tried another dealer? Maybe even try a L/M dealer. That may be you best choice to get the problem resolved.

Tom

When the trans started going on my '01, the dealer told me to bring it in while the light was on and not to shut it off so they could see it and check it out. It worked; they rebuilt the trans.

Latest posts