Needing Ford ST factory part...where to order?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did the "Tilt steering/wire unplugged" thing to fix my signal light that has happened to several on here and the plastic clip that the metal wires are clipped into.....well the little plastic clips inside that big plastic harness clip were broken (tiny clips that hold each wire into the big clip). anyway.....I gotta order that big plastic piece. where online can I order that piece. I have the part number for it. Is there an online super store where you can order any factory ford part made? Thanks

Are you talking about the part that plugs into the multi-function switch? There are two connectors there, and I was working on mine as a matter of fact today. The top one is available by itself. I got my from the local Ford dealer for about 7 bucks. Use and ice pick (or similar) to remove the remaining wires (one at a time!!) and slid them into the new connector. Make sure to pull some slack into the wires and secure them with a zip-tie to keep it from happening again. My problem today was two things--the right turn signal was giving me the fast flasgh. There was a wire that I found that was actually broken inside (the insulation around it was fine). I cut it, soldered it and taped it. Works fine. My other problem is with the plug below the one on the top of the column. When I turn on my lights at night and tilted the wheel down, I would loose the headlams until I cycled the high beams/low beams several times. Turns out a wire there has pulled out of the connector because one of those plastic tabs is broken as well. I will need to get that one too.

My advice--Take pictures of the connector into the dealer with you. It took me a few trips to make sure that I got the right connector--First time they sold me a wire extending kit to fix the problem, but it was not even close to being the correct connector. (how many other vehicles have this same problem?? Is Ford able to make another harness by skimping an inch here, and inch there in production?? ) Here is the connector with my most recent problem. You can see the culprit wire hanging out. My multi function swith has been removed in this picture to facilitate removal of the headlamp harness(the one with red on it).

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: