neon window and unlock toggle

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling, the color is in the switch coating and not the bulb itself. Try to take it apart and see if you can do anything with it. You never know. The worst that could happen is you need to replace it because you broke it.

Tom

tyler,

I don't care about spelling, but a little punctuation goes a long way in getting your questions answered quickly and more accurately.

As for the switch, give Rusty a call. I would just guess at about $50.00...maybe more. I checked a parts catalog, but could not find the switch...sorry.

Maybe Q or Chops could help out...nevermind. They would rather stir the pot and call people names before they would help anyone out.

Tom

hahahaha...

as far as your switch goes, I have yet to do mine but it is my understanding that inside the swicthes ford actually used green leds... so therefore the resistors are already there, all you have to to is de-solder the existing ones and solder in the new ones...

Last edited by a moderator:
BigD-

You are correct. There are resistors on the back side, and LEDs on the topside. Desolder, resolder, and you've got whatever color you want.

Didn't know the ST had neons stock...learn something new everyday.