Nerf Bars

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisP Riley

Reaction score
I am having trouble deciding what kind of nerf bars to get. Does anyone have pics of the ones that are either chrome or stainless steel?? Just wondering how they look installed. Thanks....Riley:cool:

Stainless, A slight rock chip will rust the chrome ones...

Todd Z

Go with the stainless, especialy if you live in an area that they salt and sand the winter roads..they will outlast any of the others..

OK, the running boards on my 2001 are rusting out so I need to decide which way to go. From other postings, I can see that some folks have painted and some have replaced with various molded and stainless options. My Trac is still (Yes :eek:) stock. I like the size of the stock running boards. They are still usable and not just decorative. I'd like to have cleaned, primed and repainted. Any comments anybody? (besides "Go stainless.") Once they start rusting is it worth trying to clean-up?

Thanks

Here's some Westin Stainless Steel nerf bars on my ST. Like the others have said, you can't tell much difference in appearance between the two, but the SS bars will definetly outlast the chrome.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

If you like chrome, this may be another option.

Westin Platinum series - chrome plated stainless steel.

For a look, check out my library. Can't seem to get pics transferred, left click clicks dead in browser. HTH

Thanks for the compliment. The rims are 20x9 with 275/45/20 sized tires. The ride isn't that bad at all. You can definetly feel the road more than with stock wheels and tires, but I don't think the ride is much harsher. THe truck actually handles better because of the wider tires.