New Ammo Bill On Table

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryW Gilliland

Reaction score
Just got this from a friend. Not sure of authenticity:

And so it begins....

Subject: New Bill to code & tax AMMO on the table!!

Its already started...Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it

seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem

with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and

Indiana) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture20a data

base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what

calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the

ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011.

(Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on

every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or

more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona

California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland,

Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island,

South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

Send to friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation

and the specific legislation for each state, go to:

http://ammunitionaccountability.org, then click on Legislation

Is true in my state., have18 cases of 40 cal, 9mm. 45 cal, all bought yrs ago

Guns don't kill people, bullitts do.

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona

California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland,

Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island,

South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

Glad to see Texas is not on the list yet......guess I need to go bury the 900 8mm rounds I have stashed.

Do I have to say....I told ya so?....

re: www.gunbanobama.com by budfromballground,10/26/2008 00:25 ET

Relax, said Hitler to the Jews...I'm just taking you to a different Camp...

Obama will simply tax ammunition until gun become too expensive to own.

Criminals will still have plenty of ammunition and guns, since they steal them

anyways. Yes criminals steal guns and ammo, that's why they are criminals!

Duh.

"When guns are outlawed only Outlaws will have guns."

This quote doesn't say "If" They crazy Brady bunch have been trying this for 25 years.

And No I'm not a member of the NRA.

I just have common sense, and believe in the Constitution.

How do they stop people from hand loading their own ammo? (like shotgun ammo?)

Coding ammunition by the manufacturer won't help unless each box is individually coded uniquely and then only if the serial number is recorded with the sale. Only law abiding people follow and rules and laws, so this is another win for the outlaws (Without Law). How stupid is our congress?

Stolen bullets and guns are not really traceable to the thief, only the legit owner.

Buy your ammo while you can, in case lots, is actually cheap, store it away. in the near future you will have your guns, but no ammo.That will be the next ban.

Olaf:

I don't believe "they" can stop people from re-loading shells BUT...

All it takes is a home burglary, runaway kid, excessive noise complaint, fake 911 hangup or such and the LEO's will be inside your home. Been there, done that!!!

Of course the look around (search) for ones own good, will reveal any re-loading equipment, and if illegal, guess what???

No citations on the fore-mentioned passage?

I think Obama will pass a tax on ammo but I don't see it asking people to destroy existing ammo or preventing hand-loaded ammo.

Mostly hype at this point - at least I hope so.

Clinton didn't come door-to-door taking everyone's guns away, and neither will Obama. Our government works in cycles from left to right. In the end, balance and reason will prevail, and we'll still be the most gun-friendly country in the civilized world. Just wait it out...when the voters get sick of the Democrats, they'll give Congress back to the Republicans, who will un-do any gun restrictions just like before. Nothing really ever changes in the end...its all just a big political circle jerk!

skrx,

true but it took nearly 40 years to undo only 25% of what the 1968 gun control act did to our 2nd amendment rights. how many think they are going to live long enough to see the next round overturned?

Ironbar,

but how is taxing going to help the little guy? isnt this what they always try to do in this country," well its a right under the constitution so we will just raise the tax so high that the common man cant afford". the ones that wont be able to afford it are the poor and elderly on a fixed income that really need that firearm for protection because we know how long it takes for police to be dispatched. once a tax is placed on it you know as well as i do that it will do nothing but go higher until only the rich can have it which people like the kennedy's already do as they can afford armed body guards.

the liberal scum bags both outside (soros) and in this country have been attacking our rights for a very long time they have failed with the recent heller decision so they had this waiting in the wings to take our rights away but they are going to cut off their noses to spite their face because another thing most people fail to see is by serializing ammunition is the framing honest people.

im sure if and when this so called technology gets forced down our throats that someone will come up with a way to duplicate the numbers on the bullets, think about it you buy ammo someone gets your number and next thing you know you are going to jail for a crime you didnt commit and dont bet that it cant happen.

feel good laws accompolish absolutely nothing but since they cant come up with any real legislation on their own they rehash the same crap over and over. if they succeed in gutting the 2nd amendment whats next?

also dont forget "prohibition worked didnt it"

MN not on the list. Just curious, are shotgun shells going to have the same, from the wording it looks like just handgun ammo.

This is actually a fight that's been going on for at least the last 5 years. Many states (other than the 18 listed) have already been through the bill and it failed becuase of many loop holes (you better police every piece of brass from a target range when you go!). For example, some of the arguements againt this "common sence" regulation is common sensical:

- Stolen brass picked up for a target range can be reloaded

- Stolen brass can be dumped at a crime scene to throw off investigators

- Easy to remove the SN from the brass (illegally of course... but so is murder)

- Revolvers don't dump brass

- Drive-by's have all/most of the brass in the vehicle

- The sheer cost and complexity of maintaining a database on billions of rounds (hundreds of millions of rounds are produced annually)

- Cost of the production equipment... odd that the company pushing the bill is the company with the patent on the concept of viability

- Will pretty much destroy the ammo manufacturers in this country (Lake City and Winchester are the largest ammo suppliers to the US Military)

Other things with these bills:

- Imagine coding every single .22LR produced...

- One wrongful imprisonment lawsuit will kill these bills if they are ever implemented. This is not like pulling a fingerprint from a crime scene.

- The government cannot seize your property without purchasing it at a "fair" price. Any non-coded ammo will command an absolute premium so the government would fork over a ton of $$$.

- The government cannot make an existing product illegal and subject to confiscation. All they can do is regulate the sale of the product based on "interstate commerce". That's what they did with the failed AWB of '96. It wasn't illegal to own or purchase large capacity mags, but they could not be produced or imported unless they were proven to have been manufactured prior to 1996.

You can bet that if this passes on only "handgun" ammo, it will quickly spread to shotshells and big-bore rifle because there are commercial "handguns" that use .223 (5.56 NATO), .410 Shotshells, .22LR, 7.62x39, 5.7FN and more. There are Wildcatters that have chambered "handguns" in just about every caliber imaginable and many that are not commercially viable. I've seem pictures of a handgun that used a .50BMG round (will not see me shooting that one!).

I still stand by the fact that Obama and many in the Dem. House and Senate are not willing to implement a career-ending gun control law. The 1996 AWB is still on their minds as it was the biggest single item attributable to the Republican take-over (but not the only item).

The NRA, GOA, JFPO and all the other 2A groups, plus ammo manufacturers, firearms manufacturers and retail organizations have a ton of pull with the politicos. COurse, so does the Brady Bunch.

I do not vote for people who vote for "Gun Control" laws. Most people I know do the same. I am in Arkansas and a Life Member of the NRA. I don't care if they are Rep, Dem, Ind., Green, etc. A vote YES for G.C. is an immediate disqualifier for me. I believe that virtually all gun control regulation is unconstitutional so you made an unconstitutional vote and I will use my constutional right to vote our ass out.

Hopefully, the new prez. and congress won't try to open that can of worms again. Although I am admittedly not a big gun enthusiast, I still don't think any more federal taxes or restrictions are appropriate. I already pay an outrageous price for ammo for my little concealed carry .380. Any more taxes and the damn lead bullets will be worth more than their weight in gold!

The guy who holds the patent for the machine that etches the bullets with the serial number is the guy who is trying to get this legislation passed. Yep. This is someone looking to get rich at the expense of curtailing our freedom.

This firm makes the equipment and has the patent:

<a target=_new href="http://www.ammocoding.com">http://www.ammocoding.com</a>

This "not for profit/public interest" web site promoting the legislation was set up by the lobbying firm hired by the folks who make the equipment and hold the patent:

<a target=_new href="http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org/">http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org</a>

Last edited by a moderator:
The people that support this, Have be just as stupid and non-thinking as true criminals. Gun toting criminals buy what they need from the streets. It will only amount to your stolen ammo, traced to you.

It wouldnt suprise me for the idiot lawmakers and the idiot gun control freaks, to pass another law. This other law would try to make you responsible for not controling your ammo in better lock up.

This so stupid. The man with the pattent gets rich on the backs of responsible Americans. He gets his backing from non-thinking, idiots.

I emailed them and told them this whole thing is idiotic.

I quoted a few of the comments here, but more than likely it will fall on deaf ears.

Latest posts