New audio stuff

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axel Deneselya

Reaction score

this just arrived today

[Broken External Image]:

I swapped it out with my Alpine amp which is now for sale in the swap and sell.

I have a RF 10 sub sitting on my bookshelf, as soon as I find a box I like, that will go in.

I will be getting some 8 gauge cable this weekend and replacing the exhisting 10 gauge.

so far it sounds ok, I am still waiting for my back speakers to come back from repair.

this amp is about 4 times heavier than the alpine, but only about 1.5 times larger.

Pics will be forthcomming this weekend once I change out the power cables. it is embarrassing to see that 10 gauge in there. but I am only driving the front 2 speakers at the moment.

If my backorderd gps ever gets here I will finally be finished with this project. I have been holding off taking roadtrips until the stereo is done.

Is 8 gauge really enough?? I have never run less than 8 in any system I have built. I used 8 back in high school becuse it was all I could afford at the time, and it came in the "kit" I got a Wal-Mart. Now days I use 4 gauge on all my amp wiring. Now I am running dual amps (one for mono sub, and one for the other 4 channels). What are you trying to power with this amp??

Keep in mind the manual is stating what they tested the AMP with and the company is saying that is the MIN requirement..

If you can afford 4 Gauge that is the best thing when powering AMPS.

Cheers

Whit