New Cat Back Exhaust System

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ted Best

Reaction score
Hey all, my exhaust system is shot. my mechanic told me i need a cat back exhaust system. i found some online. i'm not sure what makes an exhaust system good. can you guys look these over and let me know which is the best buy? also is it a big difference to have it welded instead of clamped? or can someone recommend a better buy?

Dynomax Ford Explorer Exhaust System $272.50

Engine - Fits

4.0L, V6 - Sport Trac

Notes: Ultra Flo Kit, Exhaust System, 2.5" System, Aluminized, Single Inlet Pipe, Exits On Passenger Side Rear Corner, Includes Intermediate Pipe, Ultra Flo Muffler SS/Welded, Single Tail Pipe, Clamps

Gibson Ford Explorer Exhaust System $267.75

Engine - Fits

4.0L - 2WD, 4WD, Crew Cab, 4 Door, Passenger Side Exit, Sport Trac

Notes: SWEPT SIDE EXHAUST -- Aluminized, Improved Acceleration, Maximum Hill Climbing, Towing And Passing Power, Horsepower Gains Of 15-20%, Deep Aggressive Exhaust Tone, Exits Behind Rear Tire, Quieter In Cab Then Any Other Exhaust, 2.5" Single Kit With 3" Stainless Tip, May Not Work With Some Trailer Hitches(what does that mean?)

JBA Ford Explorer Exhaust System $309.96

Engine - Fits

4.6L, 4.0L - 2WD Or 4WD, 4 Door

Notes: JBA-EVOL EXHAUST SYSTEM - 2 1/2" Diameter Tubes, Aluminized, Increases Horsepower And Torque, Improves Fuel Economy And Throttle Response

also i'm getting the P0401 Check Engine Error. Does that mean i have to replace the EGR Valve or can i clean it?

thanks for your help guys

Ted

Ted,

My Sport Trac is sponsored by DynoMax and will be sportin the Dual SS Mufflers, 3" pipe, H pipe, and their ceramic coated headers "for the V8". I also have their cat-back system on my 06 F150 Supercrew and I really like it. It has a real nice sound and seems to really help the horsepower also.

Later,

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
Ted,

I got a 40 series flow master with duals out the back with 12" chrome tips doen for 375. If u shop around, you get them decently priced, haveing the welded is better then clamped due to the fact less chance of leaks.

Duece

i put a Gibson cat back side sweep it went on easy and sounds good not to loud. how is your factory exhaust bad it is SS it should not go bad or did you have an aftermarket one on already

i too have the dynomax exhaust system and you can get it for a little cheaper...i got mine for 268. look around online..i bought mine from advanced auto parts, had it next day