New Day, New Problem :(

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brock Lagunas

Reaction score
Ok... so my last week my problem was this annoying squeak that was coming from my driveshaft. Which by the way was my ball joints like those that responded had stated. This week its my transmission. OH, and for those that dont know this is transmission #4. I was going to back the Trac out of the driveway and put it in the street so I could sweep. So I put it in reverse and backed out of the driveway, then put it into drive like every other time I back out of the drive way and I heard a click, kinda like a snap I guess??? And then I couldnt go forward. Kind of like the transmission was slipping. So to get out of the street I put it in second gear (automatic) and took it around the block. Everything was normal (i had to shift it to drive once i got going), it shifted as it should, reversed, and I also jacked up the back end so that the rear tires were off the ground and put it in drive and they spun like normal. I didnt notice any struggle or weird noises. So whats the problem? Any one have any ideas? Thanks in advanced for your help!!