New Engine

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turo acosta

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

I am in dire need of some help. The engine of my sport trac just got messed up. I was wondering if anyone had an engine for sale. Its for a 2002 model. I was also wondering if the engine of another model would do. If anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it.

What happened?

Contact the member called "CoastieJoe". He can get you some places to check.

Tom

The 4.0 SOHC from an Explorer, Ranger, or equivalent Mazda is the same. Because of the computer controls you are generally better off getting an engine from the same model year. Coastie would know best.

Turo,

I just placed an engine in my 01 trac from lowmilageengines.com. The engine was verified by a car fax. Great contact great guy and wonderful engine. The engine was 16k mile engine. No leaks no sqeaks. They will ship anywhere. Will give you several options of engines with a guarentee.

james

Hey thanks Tom,

What compounds my problem is that I am from Belize and here we dont have many Sport tracs. But since we have some people that do go to the States, I wanted to get some info so maybe they can bring it for me.

I dont know what happened to it. I was just driving on the highway and the engine shut down. It just made a little bang and that was it. It did not start again. When we open the engine, the valve was bent and broken, one of the piston was shattered, the camshaft was broken and the block has a crack. Looks like an explosion in there. I dont know what caused it.

I am hoping someone can help.

i hope coastiejoe can help.

Thanks again.

Turo

Thats what the mechanic here told me, that another engine might do but the connections to the computer and other sensors might not or will not be the same. That is why i guess it is better to get the same model number. I will check the website lowmileageengines and see if they can help.

thanks everyone,

will let you know wat happens.

Turo

Latest posts