New from Royal Purple

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leave it to Rodger to report the latest RP product...:D

If anyone here has burst a filter on a ST, I'll be the first to congratulate em.:lol:

I have seen only one oil filter burst and that was an awful long time ago. Also, it was on a serious drag racing car with a beefed up oil pump.

Seen them at Pep Boys here in Austin TX for around $14 bucks.

Doing a bit of seaching it appears that they are currently available only at Pep Boys and that they will be available at other auto parts retailers this November.

Last edited by a moderator:
My question is? Are these for real or just package with the royal purple logo? Champion labs make filters for alot of labels(brands). So is it just packaged with a higher price?

Keep in mind that the engines are designed to work with the factory filter.I was told by a GM engineer that "over filtering" the oil can be as harmful as under filtering. The oil has built in detergents and other particles to protect your engine,if these are removed (as they sometimes are)by micro-filtering it will affect the viscosity.:eek: