New guy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tdawson8869

Reaction score
Hi y’all I’m Kevin. Having mixed feelings about joining the group.— Happy to join the group but the truck was dad’s who had a heart attack and died New Year’s Eve. - So I’m grateful for it but would obviously rather have the old man back. Pop had good taste and this seems like a really nice truck - 2007 Sport trac XLT 2wd 4.0L V6. It’s white with tan interior and has the bed cover. It has 120k miles and like all of pop’s vehicles- super clean.
Anyway, I’ll try to contribute solid experience and knowledge if I have any, no misinformation, and i promise to ask not all dumb questions - just some dumb. Looking forward to sharing with everybody. - Happy trucking

Sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. I bought my '02 Sport Trac with my share of my dad's life insurance shortly after he died. Like you said, the truck is nice, but would rather have Dad.

Condolences. This is tough, no matter how old you are.
Parents are truely the only people on the planet who will give everything to help their child.
I try to remember my parents by being a good example for my kids+grandkids, as they were for me.
The 2007 ExST V6 & Tranny definitely has some weaknesses+quirks;
address those issues & it will be a reliable vehicle for you.
Lots of friendly knowledgable folk in these forums.

Last edited:
I am sure your dad loved his truck as we all do ours. He would be proud that you are in a group of like-minded owners who not only take care of their trucks, but want them to be efficient, comfortable, attractive, and dependable. Welcome to the forum, and so sorry for your loss.

My deepest sympathies, Kevin. I recently joined this group also, since I just acquired an Adrenalin with part of a small inheritance my beloved mother left her kids. She passed away of Alzheimer’s this past September. Like you, I’d love to have her back a million times over, but we are assured that they now rest with those others we’ve lost, in His beloved arms. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I attentively look forward to your inputs, and ideas! Be blessed.

Last edited:
Welcome Kevin, I'm Scott. I recently joined here under very similar circumstances. My ST was also my fathers who passed in early 2020. I have only had the truck for a few months because it was locked up in his estate. Like you, I would rather have my pop back but he loved this truck and I am very happy to be able to take care of something he loved so much. There seems to be a wealth of knowledgable people who love these trucks and I believe you will like it here.

Kevin I am very sorry for your loss. Your Dad has left you a great truck.

Kevin, my condolences on your loss. My dad never left me a truck but he and my mother left me the gift of music, something that has carried though many tough times in my life. My dad passed first and my mother lived and played music on weekends until she was 77 and was then in the beginnings of Alzheimers and succumbed several years later. At her funeral a friend, who loved my mother dearly, said something to me I've never forgotten, he said; "Emory, there's never a good time to be an orphan." Odd, I know but I understood what his meaning was. I miss my mother dearly. As to your truck. From what you have said, your dad took great care of this truck. If so, some of the "quirks" this model has may have been already corrected by your dad and dealer. Hopefully, he may have had some maintenance records, or the dealer may have some. That would be gold. Good luck. You dad will always be with you.

Welcome, You will find closure here...

Latest posts