New Photos with The Larger Tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darin,

All photos were taken today with the new tires. The gloss shows more on one side because of the angle of the sunlight hitting the truck. The truck sits about an inch taller now, and the wheel-wells seem fuller. I only notice a slight difference myself, though I have misjudged the step bar height a couple of times getting in.

Nelson. Is that the biggest size that can be put on stock rims? Looks good and I'm going to be tire shopping by the end of the year.

Tonka Trac makes a good point. After a whole lot of research, pricing, and pondering, I think I'm gonna stick to stock size when I get my new set of tires.

That's real good lookin though Nelson. First time seeing your blacked-out billet grill too.

My speedometer was 3 mph faster than actual, now it is only 2 mph faster. I am sure bigger tires will fit on the stock rims, but you'll need to lift the suspension and/or install wheel spacers. I may even do this now, if I can do it cheaply. I don't want a monster truck like Tonka's, because my fiancee and daughter are both short. Though if I was single with no kids I would duplicate his set up. Tonka's truck is awesome! :)

The blackout grill insert was given to me at last year's OKC ST Meet. It is chipped now, so I need to either replace it, powder coat it or paint it.

The truck was a mess this morning before I cleaned it up. I helped my friend/co-worker earlier in the week. He has a small farm and bought a horse trailer from a lady over in Mustang, OK who is selling her farm and horses, because of a back injury. The trailer was in a muddy/manure-filled field and then I pulled it out past Harrah, OK and down his gravel road, so the mixture of all of that dust, bug guts from the highway, a couple of rock chips (which I fixed) and other assorted gunk wasn't very attractive. :lol: