New Rear Sway bar Rocks!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A month or so ago I switched out my stock shocks on my '05 Adrenalin 4X4 for the Monroe Reflexes...................MAJOR improvement!!!!

Now, I just finished the job and swapped out the stock rear sway bar for the beefier Explorer Express one and another MAJOR improvement. I can't believe the difference these two suspension mods made to handling and braking. All of it was worth every penny!

IT is truly amaising....

Did you make your brackets Greaseable??

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to do it right, get an Addco 1 1/2" front sway bar. You think it is impressive now? You have no idea what you can get out of a larger front bar.

Trust me.

Tom

www.sfxperformance.com has the Addco 1 1/2" front sway bar, just haven't found one that states it's for the ST. Found Explorer and Ranger, don't know if either will fit the ST. Maybe Caymen can tell us the item #, if either Explorer or Ranger will fit and/or where he got his from.

Hello Tom,

The specs for that part number reflect a 1999 Explorer 4 DR. Do you think it would fit a 2004 ST?

Terry

Your cart contains:

Qty Remove Item Price Total

Remove FRONT SWAY 99 EXPLORER 4D

Part Number # 020-737

$164.99 $164.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update

Subtotal: $164.99

Yes. The 2001 to 2005 Explorer Sport Tarc is identical to the 1996 to 2001 Ford Explorer. The rear sway bar from EE was actually designed for he 1996 Explorer.

One word of warning, do not get the front sway bar if you do not have the EE rear sway bar.

Tom

From looking around the site www.sfxperformance.com it appears that most of the 96-01 Explorer Parts will fit the 2001-2002 ST manufactured before 3/02. I'd contact the seller(s) just to make sure. The JEG's part might well be a fit to the ST.

Well N-E ways like I said contact the seller, they say that they

carry the full line of Addco sway bars and end links parts They also state

if you do not see a particular part you are looking for in this part catalog

please contact them for availability

Edit --ha, Caymen just confirmed the 96-01 Explorer parts fitting the ST.

My brother is running the Addco sway bar on his 1999 and during the install, he gave me his 4x4 front bar. I plan on buying an Addco one this summer.

Since his 4x4 bar fits my Trac, I know his bar is a perfect fit therefore the Addco one is too.

Tom

Thanks for the info. Fantastic help. Are you going to Lousiville?

As of right now, I am planning on it. If you do not know how to install the Addco bar, bring it to Louisville and I will help you install it. No charge. get the UDP from Wayne and we can install it too.

what size is the 4x4 bar is the addco much bigger

You be the judge...

[Broken External Image]:

4x4 bar and the 4x2 bar

[Broken External Image]:

Addco bar and 4x4 bar...

What do you think?

Tom

Caymen, how did handling change with the replacement front swaybars? I've already replaced my shocks, installed EE rear swaybar, and getting ready to buy new tires. Am looking into front swaybars if the improvement is not negligible.

My brother is running that Addco front bar. Trust me, there is a big difference. If he wants, he can do a 4 wheel drift with a 4x4 Explorer lifted 2" or so. Around corners, it stays very flat. It is really amazing. I can only imagine what it would do if it was lowered 2".

Tom