New rotor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHRIS KOPEC

Reaction score
Hi again! I'm looking for the bearings and stuff I need to replace when I put on the Power Slot rotors on my '01 4x2, the thing is someone here said that i need new bearings, seals and wheel bearing races; What are bearing races?

I found those part so far from partsamerica.com, what do u think about them? Anything else I need to do or know? Someone know another place to buy them?

I just want to do it right :cool: Thanks once again!!!!

Seals Part#(19223) SKF 19223 CR SEAL

Bearings Part# (BR2) SKF BR2 CR BEARINGS

Last edited by a moderator:
Bearing races are simply the face that the bearing rides on. They are replacable on brake rotors because they will wear out, they should always be replaced when the bearings are replaced. Usually new bearings come with new races.

Only thing to keep in mind to make sure you pack your new bearings really well. Be sure to use some brake cleaner on the swept surface of the rotor after everything is put back together.

I can hear the next question coming........:unsure:

What do you mean by "pack your new bearings"?

This means to grease the new bearings thoroughly to ensure that grease is not only on the outside of the bearings but inside the bearing rollers as well. If you don't know how to do it yourself by hand, usually a local auto shop can do it for you in less than 5 minutes.

C,

I was the one who said you needed the new bearings, races and wheel bearing grease to install the new rotors.

Tiger, has already answered your questions as well as I could. Some rotors will already have the races in them and some don;t, but you can buy the races separately, or you can buy the wheel bearings with the races included. Also be aware that you will need inner an outer wheel bearings, and of course the corrospondint races. :D

...Rich