new sport trac 2014

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a kazbor

Reaction score
i saw the new 2014 ranger in michigan today

there was an engineer driving on the highway with a manufacturers plate and some equipment inside like a laptop and other sensor looking things

im assuming the new ranger is going to take the place of the sport trac because it looked like the ST in terms of size and appearance. also the new Ranger has similar and added features to the ST

thats just my guess..

but this is the new ranger im talking about

which i think is takeing the place of the ST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvp09saPcng

Back seat area looks tiny- look at the tiny rear doors. Also looks like they screwed up and put the steering wheel on the wrong side...:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
they have them here in Denmark.

been to look at them.. but none in the showroom..

they are not Cheap.. and the taxes are more than the truck it self.

so wont be getting one anytime soon for me..

I heard they are re thinking the midsize market for 2015. there HAVE been heavily camo'd midsize fords running around dearborn....there are picks on www.pickuptrucks.com

GM and Fiat are supposedly bringing out new midsize models soon. Our best hope is that Ford will want a piece of that cake too and FINALLY let us have the T6 Ranger. The upcoming US spec Transit full size van will use the 3.2L turbo diesel which is similar to what is already available in the not-for-us Ranger. Once that engine is certified for the US that will be one less excuse. They could even build it alongside the Transit in KC which would avoid the import tariffs. Call in an F-100 or whatever just let us buy the damn thing. Not sure if I would want the hassles and higher fuel costs of a diesel for a daily driver though. I'm sure they could adapt a turbo four or the 3.7L V6 for the US market.

Actually Australia has a nice 4 door Ranger, which should replace the Trac here if they decide to never bring it back. We should all petition to bring the Trac back....

I have been hoping that Ford has been waiting, to see what the maket wants. Maybe leting others step in first and watch their sales.

Ford Started consolidating their market 10 years before others. Simple things like. going from over 100 steering wheels world wide. To about 20.

Their were many things I read they were doing. As if they knew what the economy was coming to. I believe that is one of the reasons, they didnt need the bail out $$$.

I look back many years on Ford. They did come up with some inovated ideas'. They have also been more conservative than GM and Chrysler, in many ways. Even in the early HP wars. They had many great motors ready and also in R&D. They watched the others. Then they put it on the market.

Some of this is fact, some IMO. From being mostly a Ford person first. Then Chrysler 2cnd.

IMO GM dumped alot on the market that was failure right off. Gm had a larger variety though. Whan Ford finnaly matched the market. Some car's wernt failures. They just lost the market appeal. After they did sell enough to satisfy the R&D $$$.

As I said, not gospel just an opinion from watching FOMCO, for 40 years.