New Tires at a Discount

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Martin

Reaction score
Put brand new Michelin Cross Terrains (235/70/R16) on the wifes 03 Explorer. They were factory on her truck and my 04 Trac. I pulled her spare and my spare, and I had grabbed another new spare off the Trac that I used to rebuild mine (tried to find one more last night at the salvage yard, but no Tracs or Explorers (lots of Chevys and Jeeps in the boneyard..guess us Trac and Explorer drivers are less apt to total our trucks LOL).

Had to buy only one new Michelin (retail $185, paid $150) and paid for the unmounting and re-mounting of the spares. Used the old tires for the spares for both trucks, and mounted the third spare for the shed and kept the 4th tire just in case. Soup to nuts: $265 for 4 brand new Michelins. Save about $500 bucks or more. I hope to locate another 4 spares from the boneyard and do the same for my ST. Amazin how many brand new tires are sitting under people's vehicles. By the way, I put 44K miles on my wife's set and just starting to show some wear, 34K miles on my Trac and all is well.

Glad I kept a couple hundred bucks in my bank account.

Some big cities have used tire places. I got a set of 31's for my toyota p/u when I had it. Got them for $15 (each) mounted and balanced. Still had 80% tread, and lasted till I sold it. Always nice to save money.;)

Latest posts