NGK Spark Plugs?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandon mena

Reaction score
I have used these on alot of imports and racing applications. What do you all think about these in the truck? Would they be a good idea? I like how they perform in sports cars. i wonder if they would be an idea for my tune-up...

I'm not sure guys and gals. I'm not sure about it, but I know we are usually replacing the spark plug with ford originals. Why is it though, because other plugs have been poor or because we haven't found a better one yet?

Honda, yes... Sport Trac.. NO!!!

Todd Z

There is nothing wrong with NGK plugs. Almost every company makes an acceptable sparkplug that will work just fine in your Sport Trac. It's just that I have about 45 years experience working on cars and I have found that Motorcraft/Autolite plugs work best in Fords/Mercury's etc, and AC/Delco plugs work best in GM cars. NGK plugs work fine in most Japanese imports, etc The only real universal plugs I have found that work well in every engine I have used them in was Champions.

...Rich

I agree with everyone here. I only recomend and use Motorcraft plugs in Ford vehicles and AC Delco in GM cars.

As for Wires, I prefer Taylor-Vertex wires.

Tom

Then it's settled. Looks like I'm getting the wires from Summit and the plugs from Ford. I believe the wires from Summit are taylor's. Anyone know the plug's part number for an 01 Job 1?