No Heated seats

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnM LowryJr

Reaction score
Okay, I have power and the light comes on and off but no heat on the seat? I tore the seat some what apart but no luck. Is the top and bottom seat on the same loop or connected together as one curcuit? Any help would be great.

Back and bottom are in series. I sent you the electrical schematics and connector pin outs. Check your email.

Last edited by a moderator:
Use a DVOM to see if the heat grid is actually getting power. It may be a relay issue in between the switch and the seat...

Not sure if there is a separate fuse for the seat heater that is not powered by the switch as well, but worth a look.

It could just be a bad switch.. Even thought the LED lights, the switch may not be providing power to the heating elements or any relays. A volt meter will show you that.

...Rich

Brad, If you jumper the seat back pad, it will put too much voltage/current on the bottom pad. Could cause it to overheat, or even catch fire.. I wouldnt do it...

Steve got the email but there was file that couldn't be

opened. But I do have power to the top part of seat.

But this morning it still wasn't warm. I send you a email.

I just sent you the diagnostics and posted them in my Library in case they don't come through.

Seat does not heat but the heated seat indicator illuminates when pressed GO to Pinpoint Test K.

Brad, check yours by those diagnostics also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts