No more Twinkies???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill V.

I hope that Hostess can continue production of their products. It may require some other bakery companyt to bail them out or buy them out, but it thinks it's worth it. I think that Hostess sold more Twinkies, and Ho Ho's over the past few days than they have ever sold. I think that sends a message that Twinkies and other Hostess products are an Icon in American society and should not be shut down because of a greedy Bakers Union....:fire:

...Rich

There was never anything wrong with Howdy Doody, Roy Rodgers, the Lone Ranger, Hopalong Cassidy, or Superman when I grew up........and nothing Obama says will ever change my opinion.

I never saw the point of Howdy Doody. Annoying creepy mannequin IMO. I miss the TV of yesteryear, where men were men and actors spoke authoritatively and definitively with dramatic diction, with few exceptions. Howdy Doody is one of those exceptions.

Is anyone else watching the History Channel's "The Men who Built America" miniseries? I'm slowly working my way through it and even it, chronicling the time when unions were allegedly "needed", doesn't make a case that we needed unions then. We certainly don't need them now.

I find Bill V's referenced article a bit frightening, that Hostess needs to gain "permission" to liquidate its assets. That the US Dept. of Justice has any say in what bonuses Hostess plans to give to its "insiders" when it closes down is sickening.

On a related note, I hear that one of the demands in the pending (and hopefully failing) Wal-Mart strike is a $13/hr minimum wage. Even in my home state of MD, bluest of the blue states, the minimum wage is only $7.25/hr. :banghead:

6411b259176f3e8d58a4c14fac2c3d9c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rest in peace, Twinkie the Kid! The eleventh hour negotiations fell through. The life support has been turned off. :cry:

I have been eating a box of Twinkies most weeks for 37 years. At this point, it adds up to 18,500, one for each employee now out of work. Now I have to find something else to eat for breakfast.

:angry:

Twinkies are still produced in canada by Saputo Incorporated's Vachon Inc. (at a bakery in Montreal) which owns the canadian rights for the product from hostess and is not affected by the actions in the united states.

Latest posts