No sound from driver door speaker

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo Wainwright

Reaction score
I have an 02 St with a Pioneer 6 Disc Audio System. I no longer have sound coming from the driver side door speaker. It is not the speaker, and it's not the radio. Any ideas????

I took it to our local mechanic and found out the above. Will be taking it to the Ford dealer when time allows.

Thanks,

Jo

Wire in the door harness broke..... Common issue..

Todd Z

I had the same problem when I was rewiring my stereo. I was putting better speaker wire to all the speakers when I realize I couldn't do it to the drivers door because I couldn't easily get through the door harness. I tried to take it apart and see if i could get some wire through it. When I unscrewed the bolt at the top of that black housing, I just kept going and it never felt like it was gonna loosen all the way so I gave up and tightened it back a bit. Then when I tested it that speaker didn't work. After many frustrating tests I decided to tighten that bolt up more and test it again and it worked. SO if you have been messing with that part then it could have caused your problem. It doesn't sound like you have been though so if thats the case I'd go with what Todd suggested.