No Start Update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Tanner

Reaction score

I've narrowed down my Fuel Pump no-start issue to the fuel pump relay socket under the hood. I could get the trac to start if I wiggled the relay, but after awhile it would not start even after wiggling.. The inertia switch wasn't it, although the connection did get a little hot at some point. I slightly bent the tabs on the relay to help the socket make better contact with the relay, and so far, so good..

Sounds as if the brass clips in the socket got hot. That caused them to loosen up. You may need to have an amp draw test done. This maybe a temp fix.

As a sujestion you can get a copper type never seize, for conections. Electrictions use it. Helps to make a better connection. I was having trouble with my fuse box on my home AC condensor. One of my 30amp clips got hot from a loose connection. Kept blowing the fuse on that leg. The brass clip lost its tension, from heat. Creating a hot spot. After wire repair, I used the copper paste on it. Havent blown a fuse in 10yrs.