noise while backing up

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had a noise when i back up here once in awhile. Lately i have it everytime i back up. Its not really a grinding its more like a shudder or vibration. I havent been able to get under there and check anything out yet. I had thought about u joints but if that was it i would thonk i would have some problems in drive also. Has anyone else had a similar issue or any ideas. If so thanks.

Only time I had this with my ST it was the rear diff fluid since i had the 4:11 LSD...

I added 2 bottles of ford modifier and new fluid.... Problem went away..

IF your feeling it in the front p/s pump or something like that

Todd Z

Like Todd. If you have the LSD rear. clutches might need more modifier. My '94 stang had the same problem, clutch chatter. Extra bottle stoped it.

Since you have an '01. Might need new fluid also. Even if the new fluid says includes modifier. Get a bottle from Ford. My experiance is Ford LSD prefers Ford modifier.

I dont think this this is the problem i dont have a lsd. I changed the fluid last summer and used lucas. I have put about 10,000 miles or so one it since then and it doesn't leak so it shouldn't be low.

Latest posts