noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's been a couple of months that this wup-wup -wup noise was bothering me once I speed up from 20 MPH to 40 MPH.I feel no vibration over that & no harsh noises other than the one I mentioned above. I jacked the front end ,shook the tires up & down ,side to side there's no play. I changed the rotors & brake pads thinking that it might be warped still it's there. Changed the oil of front & rear diff. & transfer case. I already ran out of ideas as I almost read all the threads here concerning this kind of problem. Any infos or ideas is highly appreciated.

Dan

It is most likly the front tires are cupping on the inside. The oem wrangler rt/s is bad at it. If you have other tires and it is doing this. You may need camber adjusters and an alighnment.

Forgot to mention that I also rotated the tires . My tires are the Bridgestone Revo. We also put it in the lift with the tires hanging & run it up to 50 MPH in 4X4 but can't find any wobbling on the tires indicating belt shifting or vibration & wobble in the drive shaft. Any more suggestions are appreciated.

Dan

This may sound like way out in left field but I had the same thing happening to me and it drove me nuts. Someone suggested I check the tires to see if there was anything stuck to them. Sure enough I found a roofing nail embetted in one of the tires. Took it to Sears and had it removed. BAM.....sound was gone.