Now this is speed crazy.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Stuhlsatz

Reaction score
This video really defines the term 'CROTCH ROCKET'.

Watch closely. The front wheel comes off the ground at 55 MPH and does not return to earth until 140 MPH. The bike pegs the speedometer at 220 MPH at just over 10,000 RPM and he finally shuts it down at over 11,000 RPM.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it was found that the speedo was incorrect. There was a webpage that actually times the spacing of the white stripes and other objects passing the bike and shown to be slower than the indicated speed.

I will try to find the website. Impressive wheelie none the less.

Marc

edit: most of the websites that had a link, the link no longer works. The person can ride a nice wheelie but this Busa's speedo was off.

Yeah, I think I agree with Marc. I think over 200 mph would look a little faster than that. Oh well, what do I know. :unsure:

Yes, the Hayabusa was the worlds fastest produciton bike when it was first released back in '99. I don't recall it's actual top speed but it was just shy of 200MPH (~196MPH) and that's stock. Since then, it has been governed to 186MPH. The average sport bike (Crotch Rocket) comes from the factory with about 8-9% of speedo error.

I can also explain the excessive speedo error on this bike. More than likely he has changed the front sprocket to a smaller sprocket, probably dropped down 1 tooth, which gives it a lower gear ratio. The speedo reads from the output shaft which is where the front sprocket is mounted. I would say that he was actually going about 160 MPH.

I ride a 2005 Honda CBR1000RR (see my library) and i'm familiar with all of the sport bikes. My bike has a top speed of about 192MPH. And yes, i've done all of it.....

The 'Busa is the fastest production bike, but showroom stock it can 'only' pull around 190mph. A quick rear gear change, a turbo kit and other bits can get you to 220.

STDave-

No, it is MPH. Notice how there is a km/h dial inside the MPH outer dial with much higher numbers (220 mph being 380 km/h). Speedo still isn't reading right though.

We lost the life of a guy yesterday here in Dallas. He was a high performance bike tuner, he took a bike out for a test ride and a car pulled out in front of him. Unfortunately he wasn't wearing a helmet and he died on the scene.

Speedo either is wrong or it's showing kmh. I don't care how aerodynamic it is, with the front wheel that high the bike will blow over like a hydroplane way before you hit 140 mph.

You don't have to be going fast, our favorite local quarterback Ben Roethleisberger wrecked his Hayabusa only doing 35 mph when somebody turned left in front of him.

I don't have a bike but since I'm a jetskier...there was a guy testing a hi-perf ski for Riva Yamaha, got killed when he hit a duck with his head at 80 mph.

Driving like that on a road is asking for it. I get pissed when a bike tries to cut in between me and another car.. I could careless if they get ran over: you're dangerous and should be stopped!

Latest posts