Number 7 cylinder

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the traditional Ford numbering system. 1-4 front to back on passenger side. 5-8 front to back on driver's side. I don't know if that holds true for the modern V-8s, but why change after several decades?

Thanks for the quick responce. Issue with #7 not firing correctly replaced the spark plug and changed the coil. Noticed moisture on coil boot when I took it off. Trouble light still on. See if it is resolved on the way home.

Issue with #7 not firing correctly replaced the spark plug and changed the coil. Noticed moisture on coil boot when I took it off.

Does this water leak apply to 4.6L Sport Trac's?

Wayne, how many kms (or miles) on your Trac? Maybe replacing the bits on offending cylinder will work, but I'd be inclined to replacing all of 'em. You need to change the coil boot(s) too. Put a dab of dielectric grease on the end that slips onto the spark plug.[Broken External Image]:

I have 199 .00 KLM changed plugs just over a year ago. Thanks for the info I didn't realize you could purchase the boots seperate from the coil . I got the coil for 50. bucks . Ford wanted 28.00 for a plug talked them down to 20.00 still feel ripped off.

Hi Wayne,

we recently got back from a trip to Michigan to visit friends in Traverse City.

I took the opportunity to order online and pick up maintenance parts for my 2010 STA I purchased before Christmas.

The online order saved me 15 percent of the prices at Advance Auto.

Motorcraft Oil filter was 3.69 less 15

Motorcraft Spark plugs were 8.99 less 15

I picked up a bunch of other things at the same time.

If you can shop in the US you can save a ton of money even with our lower dollar.

I have a shipping address in Niagara Falls that I send parcels to because many times shipping is free within the 48 states !

The cost is 6 dollars per package.

Hope you get your misfire resolved.

Paul