numbers for the new corvette stingray

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it. :supercool: I have always wanted a 'Vette' but could never justify the hit to the pocketbook. Especially when factoring in the insurance hit.

Hey Eddie,

Chevy makes Camaros so they can mock anything they want, but they want people to know it's a Chevy....Not like they are copying the rear end of a Mustang, or Ferrari. :grin:

Most automakers will use a few similar styling ques on all their vehicles to show a family relationship so you can identify their vehicles even without seeing the name plate or emblem. Nearly every Chevy vehicle has a similar front end so that you will know it's a Chevy, and the newer Chevys are even getting the Camaro taillight treatment. Chrysler uses the cross-bar grill, Ford uses the wide horizontal bars on most vehicles, Mercedes has a distinctive grill shape as does BMW, etc.

...Rich

Rich,

IMO, in the past. The 'vete always had its own styling cues.

As far as other cars, yes they do use cues from there other line ups. Always have.

This is a first IMO, the 'vete borrowed styling.

Eddie,

My point was not that the Corvette borrowed the taillights from the Camaro, but that most Chevy vehicles will use similar styling accents to denote they are Chevys Corvette has gone from round taillights in the late 1950's thru the 60's, 70's 80's 90's and into the 21st centry with either round or rounded rectangles....If anything, the Camaro borrowed styling cues from the Corvette...:grin:

Either way, the new Corvette is a sweet looking ride and priced well below the competition in it's class.

...Rich

There were many years the 'vete had round taillights . When no other chebys' did. For some that did. There was no simularity. Also no chebys' had the round tail lights in a rear clip, simular to the 'vete.

Not to argue. IMO, the rear of the '14 'vete is more than camaro tail lights. It is a pinched down version. Not raging the look. Just not its own.

Eddie,

There were many years the 'vete had round taillights . When no other chebys' did. For some that did. There was no simularity. Also no chebys' had the round tail lights in a rear clip, simular to the 'vete.

I disagree. There were some years that Chevys had different taillights, but the newer Impalas had very similar sized and shape round taillights as the Corvettes...

If you look at the 1958 Corvette, it was the first year of the 3 round tail lights for Corvettes and that was carried over to the 1958 Impala. In 1959 Chevy went to those goofy large horizontal teardrop tail lights and switched back to 3 round tail lights similar to the Corvette from 1960 thru 1965 then Chevy changed to a lot of different taillight styles for about 30 years while the Corvette kept the 2 or 3 round taillights. Then in 2000 the new Impala again went with the larger two round tail lights that matched the new Corvette. The Impala kept the 2 Corvette syled round tail light until about 2006 when they changed

Not that it matters but I think you will start seeing more and more Chevy's with the Camaro Styled taillights... Heck, Chevy may have had those taillights on the Corvette drawing board when they were designing the Camaro and wanted a similar look for both cars? :supercool:

...Rich

Eddie,

Not true!! Look at photos of the rear of some of the early 1960's Chevys and the early 2000 Impalas (that's what I did), and then look at the Corvettes for the same years. They are all very similar...although not identical. Even the new 2014 Corvette taillights and rear end styling. They are not identical nor interchangeable with the Camaro's....It's just a similar styling cue to help identify the Chevy brand.

There is enough difference in size and height of the two vehicles to easily identify the Corvette from the Camaro... Just similar rear-end styling.

I will agree that from about 1966 until 2000 Chevy went completely away from any Corvette styling cues at the rear of their vehicles, but what they adopted more family recognition in the front end...with the exception of the Corvette.

...Rich

Latest posts