O.T.: Bush commutes Libby prison sentence

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I meant was that Bush & Cheney were definately behind the outing of Plame even though they did not directly do it.

I give up. I told you what happened, directly from the horse's mouth, I can't do any more.

They are the only ones that have the power to declassify that kind of information.

It wasn't declassified, that's the problem. Armitage told people anyway. I suggest you dig into the whole issue deeper (why where Wilson and Plame sent to Niger to check for yellowcake uranium?) for more understanding than what I have time to explain here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scooter Libby said he had a Sport Trac, but they found out he didn't and that's why he's in trouble now. :lol:

TJR said:
From what I have heard about the case it seems like more, political witch hunting (like Whitewater and Lewinsky-gate before).

Bill V said:
Libby was required to tell the truth while under oath. Perjuring yourself under oath is a crime, regardless of whether the investigation in which your testifying should be occurring or not. He did, that's why there was a Libby trial, and he deserved to serve his sentence for doing so.

Which reminds me, why did Libby get fined and sentenced to jail when Bill Clinton didn't for the same "crime"? :blink:

Bush doing what he did -- so what --- !!!!!!

Cheney told heim too ------ he's a lame duck.

National and State politics today ( and lower ):

1. What is good for the party ?

2. What is good to get re-elected ? ( see above )

3. If I disagree with the party line, what must I do ? ( see #1 and #2 )

4. If I have a good idea for the country, what must I do ? ( ask #1 )

5. Ignore my party members' wrong doing but, be irate about the other parties'

wrong doins. ( see #1 and #2 )

6. Money makes me be re-elected -- no matter how I get it !!!!!! ( see #1 )

7. Talk campaign contribution reform is needed --- but do nothing to stop it. ( see #1 and

#2 and #4 and #5 )

8. Why am I here ? ( see #1 and #4 )

I could go on, with both parties. The political system is broke !!!! Too much money involved !!

Terry

I thought that the judge was actually a Clinton appointee... oh well.

The 30 months is federal sentancing minimum standard. That's where 30 came from.

The reasoning behind the commutation is open for speculation. However, the fact that the case is under appeal with a good chance of being overturned (see the fact that the special prosecutor knew who the leaker was before even questioning Libby) the judge wouldn't let Libby stay out on bond seems pretty reasonable to me.

What was sad about all of this is the fact that Plame and her Husband Joe Wilson were political hacks that were pissed at the Bush administration as it was. If they were so damned worried about her "outing" why was it exactly they were on the cover of Time and Newsweek? Why was it exactly that they were on every talk show on tv? Yep, they were really concerned about a "violation of privacy" and the loss of covert status....

Pardons and commuations are a constitutional priveledge. They have occured since Washington's administration. Like them or hate them, they are an everyday part of the presidency. They have been used to stay executions, free drug dealers and cheaters. They have been used to free political prisoners and mass-murderers.

But they won't be used TO FREE THE BORDER GUARDS WHO DID THEIR JOB. that's the one thing that pisses me off about the Libby thing.

Latest posts