Occupation

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Write and edit school math text books. Yep, your kids can blame me for that hard problem on their math homework!

Im retired on disability. I was a, Process Control Instument Tech, for a chemical company.

Jenn D, you and my ex-wife would have got along well. She is an elementry teacher. Her specialties were math and reading and writting. She loved complicated math and math logics. When she taught 5th grade, the kids hated her math problems.

I'm twice retired.....26 years in the US Navy and 20 years with the Fed Gov.

Its' been a great career........:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was an O.T.R. Truck Driver hauled mostly Hazmat. Got laid off and then released.

:smile0003:

Now I"m looking for a local driving position, wife doesn't want me back OTR, I don't blame here but I DO MISS it. I grew up as a Military brat (Marines) and my step dad's were OTR drivers so being a Ramblin' Man is in my blood, it's hard to stay in one place so long.

:smile0010:

Now I build custom cars/trucks on the side.

Jerry.....

I believe KLLM and NFI are looking for OTR drivers....

Todd Z

Roger,

Might need some assistance soon....

Todd Z

I've got over 20 years in a 57 store locally owned supermarket chain currently as a Produce/Floral Sales Manager

Also 22 years and counting in the MA Air National Guard as an Avionic Technician.

RETIRED!!....Built, Repaired,Serviced and Inspected Elevators for 40 plus years...Now self employed on rocking chair....No pay...no worry's...no BS....Gotta go, nap comming...:smile0015:

I work at a local school board and manage technology projects with a tech staff of 30 - for 22 years. I also teach at a local college at night teaching AutoCAD - 19 years.

Work from home now, been with Sony for 21 years as of 1-16-10. Used to have a 66 mile R/T drive, but they closed the building here that had been open for 30 years. Moved most of the jobs to San Diego, but a handful of us are working from home. I miss the people, but not the drive... Especially with the Snow we had.

Wife works with Hospice. Takes a special person to do that work, I know I couldnt do it.

Jenn, I sure hope you don't have anything to do with the Sunshine Math worksheets that my 3rd grade daughter gets.....:smile0003: Those things are terrible, the questions are often so vague with many different ways to answer them, and they get no book or anything to support them.

Eddie - I'm working on a 5th grade book now that your ex would just LOVE... :) Ahhhh, I can hear the kid's groans now. (btw...I taught high school previously so I know what teachers go through with these books. I try to make it as enjoyable for them as possible.)

Dan - Thankfully, no, I am not part of that, but I will say that the new FL Math standards are actually quite well-written. And as they begin to be immersed in the classroom and the old standards are dumped, they will be a good thing if taught correctly. We recently finished a new FL Math text geared towards the teaching of the new FL core standards and it is selling incredibly well in all FL districts. I can only hope your daughter is able to use our new program next year. It is somewhat different, but very well done.

TJR,

Should we refer to you as "Tom The Cable Guy"? And are you related to "Larry The Cable Guy"?

I don't care what anybody says, now that's funny :smile0007::smile0007:

...Rich

the past 15+ years, i am the northeast fleet admin/logistics manager for the US division of one of the worlds largest clinical/medical laboratory. also work as a fleet consultant for our southeast division.

very excited as our parent company just purchased a new building for us, 5 times larger then our current and they are purchasing more labs throughout US. :smile0006:

I am a Foreman/Supervisor for a small, fairly new construction company, here in the Northwest. We do mainly Steel framed stuctures from ground work to paint. A heavy equipment operator, finish carpenter, and a little bit of everything in between. Large buildings to bathroom remodels.

Been involved in the construction field since I was a boy. (Dad was a heavy equip op) and still enjoy looking back and seeing what I have and can accomplish. But it has paid the toll on me!

Just got laid off recently and having to deal with Oregon unemployment...

Latest posts