OFF Road Lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris G

Reaction score
I am trying to find a nice pair of Offroad lights to put up on the luggage rack that are easy on/ easy off. I don't want to fix something up there for good as I use the luggage rack for all sorts of things. Are there any high-powered battery operated ones? What options might I have?

Thanks,

Chris

there are all different kinds of lights...you have PIAA, HELLA, KC, WARN and on and on....what type of light are you looking for though?? im guessing if they are going on a luggage rack its going to be a driving lamp and not a fog lamp... the way the light beam is projected is what you want to look into...i have HELLA 500 series driving lamps...it is a more narrow light beam projected further,,,the 550 series is a fog lamp that is aimed closer and wider to the vehicle to provide a better spectrum of vision under poor visibility...it all comes down to what you need the light to do...

sorry buddy...i didnt really read your post initially... but...for a temporary light...i believe HELLA makes a magnetic mount light but im not sure if its temporary... i know that my friend has a roll bar on the back of his 1500 with 5 KC daylighters on it...he has to take it on and off for school parking and he uses a butt connector for the wires....this way the lights can be powered up just by attaching the connectors when he puts them back on...and its easy to disconnect... not sure if this helps but i tried...

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie

I think Chris meant the upgrade luggage rack that goes on the roof rack.

By the way Chris where di you get your lugage rack and how much did it cost?:unsure:

I actually meant the roof rack, but I want to keep it open because I am looking at luggage racks and ski racks. That's what I get for trying to post in a hurry on a break :)

Latest posts