Offroad light HELP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
Well I was going to take my lights off my brush guard and repaint them. Well 1 of them fell and broke the glass. Can someone recommend a good and VERY bright set of lights, that wont cost me 400-500 dollars?

The lights I had on there were from Advance Auto and were like 40 dollars, and they were not that bright, even after putting better bulbs in.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't really tell by any of your pics but I think we have the same set of lights. I like them and think they are bright enough. I hardly use them since PA law says you can only have 4 lights illuminated at one time on the front of the truck. So I just run my headlights and stock fogs unless I get on some real dark roads alone.

[Broken External Image]:

I would search around for a set of 100W fog lights. Not 100w per pair, but 100W each...

That will give you some good light...

Todd Z

i used to have a set of hella 500's. they are pretty cheap. i think $120 for the pair is what i paid. they were pretty darn bright. i dont have a picture of them though. the exploded on the back of the of a honda

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought some Hello 500' s off ebay for $50 and free shipping a couple months ago, Best investment yet and they really light up the night.

[Broken External Image]:

Chad, I would definately second the idea of getting KC daylighters or KC slimlights. They are CRAZY bright, come in a variety of finishes, are practically lifetime waranteed (I think like 30 years on the housing and lens are available I believe). As soon as I figure out how I want to mount another set I am getting the daylighters, 100 watt driving lamps. I will DEFINATELY get the covers that are the smily faces wearing sunglasses (totally '80's style I know). They shouldn't cost more than $100-$150 including the loom/switch depending on the finish you desire.

I really like my IPF's but they are not what I would call bright. If you choose against the KC's you may want to look at the Pro Comp lights marketed and owned by 4wheelparts... they have some nice designs that are affordable as well. I can vouch that their 130watt stainless lamps are BRIGHT AS HELL (my brother had a set for years on his Nissan and never had a problem).

Latest posts