Oil Filter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris G

Reaction score
So I am getting ready to take her (2007 ST v8) out this weekend up near the Alsea Falls Area in Oregon. And I am running on about 5500 miles since my last change (which included a trip up to the falls for some 4x4in) I have been using Mobil 1 and MotorCraft filters since 5k on the track and now its got 25K. Is Motorcraft still the best for filters? Even for off-road use?

Also (on an unrelated note) does anyone have any links with pictures for putting a new air intake in a 07 or 08?

Thanks!

Motorcraft filters are good for any service. If you are using syn oil you can go 10k before oil change. Just change the filter at 5k and add 1qt of oil.

Just as a reminder, Ford is now recommending 7,500 miles between oil changes without using synthetics....

But, more frequent can't hurt, as I see it.

if good is good enough, than use a 3$ fram

Is this meant to imply that Fram is as good as Motorcraft?

The link below is to a study done many years ago. Manufacturers change as does construction, but there is good information on what is important.

Not in the least yardsdale, thats an old study, the tech has changed, use whatever filter turns your crank, my 98 GMC has 350K miles on it, runs like a top, always used wix filters.

15 k miles between dino oil changes.

All filters work to a point, some are better.

Here's what's crazy. The local WalMart sells the Motorcraft filter cheaper than a Fram or knockoff brand......

Latest posts