Older Sears 12 GA, 2 3/4 pump jamming

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Geller

Reaction score
I know there's lots of hunters and gun savy people on this forum, so figured I would ask here.

I was out firing on the weekend, and the last shot of the day I went to load some shells, and the chamber jammed up behind and slightly above the trigger, I can't get anything in there to loosen it up. I took a flashlight and had a look and noticed that a spring seemed to be out of place... I can't load anything now as the discharge piece won't open all the way.

Any ideas? Anywhere I should start looking to fix this?

Sounds like something broke and is out of place. If you aren't comfortable taking it apart, it sounds like a trip to the gunsmith.

Take the barrel off and see if this will let you free some things up.

To do that take the cap off the end of the shell tube that the forend

slides on.

Hope this helps

new Chad

Thanks. That's more the tip I was looking for. Have you heard of this issue before Chad? When you slide the forestock back (towards the trigger) it will only go about 1/2 - 3/4 of the way, the ejector almost opens all the way but not enough. It did however eject the last cartridge, but when I went to load a shell into the chamber it did this. looked like a inch long pin with a spring around it that was misalligned.

Be careful if you get this action to close. If the internal parts are not lined up correctly pump guns have a tendency to fire when chambering a round. I would strip the action and check for broken or worn parts and replace them accordingly. If you are hesitant to do this, you can probably find a disassembly and re assembly diagram on the internet. All Sears guns were made by regular firearms manufacturers and the info is out there.

Isee Tom is not posting because he has NO experience in this type of situation. His guns fire EVERY TIME without fail.

Because he lives in a perfect state, perfect neighborhood, with a perfect wife and saves electric shaver blades by "lubing" them with his oily face "before" showering.

Who can ask for anything more???

Q out...:kiss_it:

Yes, I have been here before bill but I don't remember you being here while I was. Good guess on your part!

I'll just fade away now...unlike the Who that expoused it but obviously didn't follow through as witnessed by the SB 1/2 time show!!

Q out...

You might have viewed this already since I just read your post on shotgunworld .com. It's a link to a pump gun manual. Maybe you can get an idea from this. Good luck. I hope you don't have a round stuck in the gun while you're working on it.

FFS,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

No I have not experienced that problem yet.

So if you figure out what it is please post it for future reference.

Thanks

Chad

Latest posts