OMFG Engine Rebuild!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it were my Trac, I would get a 2005 engine and have it put in. 4 grand to rebuild an engine on a vehicle that is worth 15 grand is stupid, IMO.

Front lower ball joint, each side. $10.00/each

Front right upper ball joint. $15.00

Front upper left balljoint $53.00

Front rotor $41.79/each

pads $50.00 set

caliper $50.00 each.

A rough total of parts alone...

$400.00

I would gladly install all of those parts for $600.00. Would only take me a full day to do it. It takes me working a 6 day week to make that much money.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Caymen,

You are preaching to the choir.

I do my own work, so I know how cheap they are. But for those who choose to go to Les Schwabb or Big_O_Tires to have the work done, they are going to pay about 20% more for parts, and $65 per hour shop rate.

Ok so for the past 3,000 or so miles i've been hearing a rattle type noise coming from the driver side in the engine compartment.

Confusious say - don't drive 3000 miles with an unknown rattle type noise ;)

We went thru the same thing last year, bought a used motor from the wrecking yard for $600. ran carfax.com to confirm 1800 miles and Dennis installed in a weekend. We have put another 60,000 miles on ST with no more problems. If you look up on alldata it says timing chain recall for 2001 but according to Ford it's only certain VIN numbers, of course mine wasn't one of them. The problem is the timing chain covers/guides are made of plastic, it breaks and wrecks havoc. To us it happened at about 136,000 miles. Timing chain we had problem with is at the back of the motor, impossible to get to without pulling the motor. As for brake and other work you had done, you paid too much. next time take vacation here in TX we'll fix it right and for a fair price. You'll have money left over....

Wow sounds like something was wound too tight for it to spring out like that! of course that is just using a figure of speech.

WOOOe!!! Susan How are you GIRL! Say hello to Dennis! :)