One more tire question...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Allen

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is my last tire question... Ok, I am going to get a 3 inch body lift with I'm thinkin the BFG tires... anyways would 265/75/16's or 32x11.5 on 15's(trying to decide on rims too) look too small? I know a lot of you say 285/75/16's look the best with body lift and I'd say i agree, but would the 265/75/16's look much smaller? Would it look odd? Any input is welcomed and appreciated as always... like i said, this is my last tire question i think... sry for all the tires after lift posts, I just want to make sure it looks good...

Cody,

O yeah, before I got my 3" BL I had LT265/75/R16 BFG All terrains AND another set of tires, 32x11.5xR15 BFG Mud Terrains with only the TT/Shackle lift. BOTH looked waaaaay small after I got the BL. Especially the 265's. I would recommend getting either LT295/75/R16's or 33x12.5xR15's. There is a little minor trimming of the inside of the wheel well, but it is only plastic. I have both of these set of tires running (not at the same time :)). My 33's are mud terrains and my 295s are all terrains. If you want mpg's, go with the All-terrains, if you want a BEEFy look, go with the mud terrains. Either way, you will be satisified (and so will your truck).

If you need to look at some pics of mine, check out my profile pics or go to my www.cardomain.com site.

Good luck!

Matt

Here's a pic with the 295's :cool:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
All I will have is a body lift though... Would 265/75/16's look way small with just a body lift? I definitely don't think I will go bigger than 285/75/16's. What about 32x11.5x15's with JUST a body lift? Thanks for previous post and info.

Cody,

Ooooo...I didnt know you didnt have the TT/Shackle. Hmmm...I would go with the 285s then. I think the 32s would be good too. If you look at a tire size converter, a 285 is actually a 32.8 inch diameter tire, so itll be a little taller, which might look a little better. You may have a little trimming, but i bet itd work.

Ya know, a TT/shackle lift isnt too expensive...maybe $100 for the whole thing...just a thought if your going to be taking you truck apart for the the BL... :)

Good luck.

matt