Open Office

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Poole

Reaction score
Hi Y'all in 'Tracland

I have been shopping for Microsoft Office on E-bay and am suffering sticker shock. I have heard of this open office suite. Has anybody used it and if so, is it compatible with MS documents like word and spreadsheats?

Y'all have a good one

Bob

Robert...

Have a GOV employee or Military member order as we can get it for 20 bucks...

We can buy one a year, I have bought one every year for the last 9 years for the simple fact of being able to do so. I normally buy a new computer every 1.5 to 2 yrs. So it has worked out well for me.

Thanks Kevin,

I have a good friend and my brother that ate in the military. I will hit them up.

Thanks a bunch!

Bob

P.S. i will still check out open office

I use Open Office and it is as good as MS but my take some getting use to. The hot keys are not the same as those in MS. I would consider it a very good substitue.

I've been using Open Office ever since I got laid-off back in late May. Works great - has a version fully compatable with Office programs. Even saves to the same extension (.doc .xls etc.).

All for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do the same if you have ANY kid going to school, just walk into the store and sign the agreement and you are good to go...

Latest posts