Optima battery holder

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary DiPietroSr

Reaction score
Since I seem to have a battery issue, I might as well put in the yellow top I have. My question is, do I need a special holder for this and where can I get one? The battery just seems too small to fit in the space. I did find a web page about holders, but not sure what I need. Thanks!

Gary D.

Yes there is a special holder for it, I don't know exactly what it was, George C has one

Todd Z

They should come with the needed brackets to use the factory rubber wedge to hold it down.

Gary,

The link below is the kit you will need. It comes with the 2 hold downs to fit the new battery and the Ford battery tray perfectly. This is where I bought mine and also the place I bought my battery. When I was searching last year they had the best price on my Blue Top. Of course you can always go with the billet hold downs if you feel like spending a lot of extra money.

George

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks guys. Jeff, when I bought the battery, it didn't come with anything. I got it for $65.00 from a place going out out business.

Latest posts