OT: Best HDMI cable?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derrick Townsend

Reaction score
Hey guys im looking at purchasing an hdmi to hdmi cable for my new plasma. I need one that supports 1080i. I was looking at the monster 800, the belkin pure vision, and one sony makes. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Get the cheapest one for the job...price doesn't make a difference. HDMI is a digital signal...either you will get the signal, or you wont. Cable quality only really affects (negatively or positively) the quality of analog signals.

It doesn't really matter. Get whichever one is cheaper. Digital signal either gets there or doesn't. With an analog signal, it would be affected by the quality of the cable, but for digital transmission it will not effect it. I have used Monstercables before in both car audio and in my home. The PureAV brand (from Best Buy I believe) is pretty good quality and not too pricey. Just yesterday on Woot! you could have gotten one for 45 bucks shipped, and plus it came with a DVD player (Upconverting). My father in law is using the PureAV one in his setup. I picked it up at Best Buy in the "open box" buy table for 25 bucks...

Right A1...like you and I said, get the cheapest from a reputable vendor. I like to purchase cables off of resellers on eBay. You save a TON!

I got a 6ft HDMI cable from Monoprice.com for about $18 with shipping. My neighbor turned me on to that site. I'd never seen cables that cheap before. It arrived within a week and is as good a quality as any I've seen in stores, only much cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good link to the monoprice site. Looks like some pretty good deals on there. Next time I need some I'll check them out!

I also have gotten my HDMI and other cables from Monoprice and agree the quality and price cannot be beat.

Monster cables for HDMI are overkill.

You guys hit the nail on the head.

I kinda have to chuckle when I see "gold plated USB cables" and the like.

These are digital signals guys, they are not susceptable to the glitches and anomolies in cables that analog signals are.

Digital is digital; either it gets there or it doesn't. Any cable that will make the connection and support your standard will do just fine.

Go to an online vender though, don't let CompUSA or Bestbuy knock you up with a 150% profit margin.

cheers,

I bet you if I hooked up your Tv with a $150 HDMI cable and a $30 Component cable you wouldnt be able to tell the difference. In fact most people I do this to and ask them what is the better picture without telling them what cable I hooked up wind up picking the component cable. Then I tell them which one I hooked up and tend to get angry they spent all that money.

I work for a cable Tv company.

There is a web site selling 30ft HDMI for $27. we use them all the time for our custom installs.