OT: I will never use this company again!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey B

Reaction score
(Rant)

My wife gives me authorization for two tickets to one of the Braves home opener games against the Mets for Christmas. Bought the tickets at my discretion from ticketNetworkDirect.com on Jan 4. Had to pay for 2 day FedEx ($15). I knew they would not be shipped in two days because they were not even printed yet. Game day is April 8 so at the beginning of March I call. I was told they would ship out the following week. I wait two weeks, nothing. 15 March I call again. Told they will ship the following Monday. I'm being really patient at this point. March 27 the tracking info was updated to show a delivery of 29 March before 7pm. Cool, I wait. FedEx never shows yesterday.? This morning I call explaining the tracking info. Today the tracking data is gone from FedEx's site, it only shows ship date of 27 March. Shipping department tells me that the tickets are in hand and will ship today.? I'm pissed! Got a refund on the delivery charge and a promise that they would overnite for a Monday delivery. Never again!

(Rant off)

This is nothing against FedEx per se, only the company ticketnetworkdirect.com

Why buy from ticket scalpers? Why support their activities?

I would rather not go to a game than support ticket scalpers. I really love baseball, but refuse to deal with those companies that are no different than those guys selling tickets outside of the park.

Tom

dont know how different this is from the ticketmaster we have around here, but they said in small print on the site, that no matter what, the tickets would arrive at least 48 hours prior to the event.

no different than those guys selling tickets outside of the park.

These guys are great, actually. In Philly, you show up during the first inning and tell them a price, or that their tickets will be worth $0 in six more innings. Most cut their losses and sell cheaply. :)

I agree Adam--If you're wanting to go to most any event, and you're willing to take a chance, and to miss the first few minutes, there are almost always great deals to be found with the scalpers...

When my dad and I went to see the Pens a couple weeks ago, we went through thier site and printed our tickets. Had them in our hands before we shut the computer off.;)

I'll second Mike,,,,,,,,,just got notification of Padres tickets in May, and from Stub Hub, I know they will show up and be just what I paid for. Just my "lets play some baseball".

There is usually a lesson learned from everything that happens in life. I agree that scalpers can save you some $ especially if you don't mind entering in the first or second inning. I've only had a couple of foul internet transactions in my lifetime and this was one of them. In the future I'll keep stub hub in mind. Usually I can do good finding tickets on ebay but because it was before they were printed no one had any available.

FYI, I agree that Stubhub is good--but they tend to be pricey. I can usually find better deals (ebay and others--even including local newspaper ads) with nearly as much security by going elsewhere.

Could probably buy tickets at the park that day as it is spring break and everybody is in Panama City Beach (aka the Redneck Riviera)

Braves do not sell out that much anymore anyways. People were spoiled with the 14 or so flags (and only 1 WS), plus it is a transient city so the fan base is so diverse...and the games are on TV so many watch from home.

None the less, I say go Yankees.

Note: My youngest son's middle name is Mattingly.

Enjoy the game though as it is baseball and a bad day at the park is better than a good day at work.

JT#14

Red Neck Riviera...:D

I don't know how that city displaced Ft Walton Beach as the Spring Break Mecca. I guess being drunk blocks the sense of smell so that the stench from the paper mill doesn't bother them.

The smell of a Paper Mill reminded me of the smell of money.

What is wrong with the smell of money?

Tom

another vote for StubHub here, been buying football tickets

for a friend of mine for years that flys all over the country for

games.

havent had one problem yet

ticketliquidator.com is an affiliate of this same company. This is where the purchase originally initiated and ended up processing through the above mentioned site. So I guess I'm saying be wary of ticketnetworkdirect.com and ticketliquidator.com;).

Latest posts