OT: Predicting future internet sites - Math

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey B

Reaction score
Everyone was such a big help on that last problem, THANKS. My class is almost over:D. I have one other problem that I'm working on. It seems simple enough when looking at it but I can't put it on paper. Anyway, here goes:

The pic below shows available internet sites at given intervals. Using this chart, I have to predict the amount of internet sites that will be available on Jan 1, 2008. I can use any math technique but I have to explain it. Any thoughts on this one? Thanks in advance!

[Broken External Image]:

It's an exponential function. Using the info given, find the function in the form y=mx. You'll have to set up rates, like, is "x" going to be in intervals of one month, two months, three months, etc, and the same for "y" although that is already set at intervals. There won't be an exact equation, but there will be one that's pretty close.

Hope that helps get you on your way.

edit: sorry, it's in the form y=b^(x) and b > 1. Just woke up, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Answer: When the Sport Trac virus breaks loose on computers worldwide in late December 2007, causing massive havoc throughout the internet, there will be only one website running at the start of 2008, and it will be this one!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts