OT: transfer glock from CT to MA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Dziubina

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of gun guys on here so maybe someone can help with my predicament. a friend of mine that i attend college with just got his LTC for MA. He was a police officer for 2 summers and is going to be an officer again. i have a glock 19 that i want to sell to him, according to gun shops in my area (CT) i just have to ship it to a FFL where he can then pick up the gun. according to his gun shops, apparently glocks are banned in MA and finding a shop who will accept a glock would be next to impossible. what is the law for MA? i know they cannot have high cap mags, but is a glock 19 non legal in mass? even if he wants to use it as his service gun while on the beat? we are both confused. :huh: any help appreciated.

Mike CT,

I can't tell you about glocks and MA, but I am surprised your friend is considering a personal gun as his service gun. I always assumed that service guns were issued pretty much universally across all LEOs.

I did a Google search, found the following:

These guys will be able to answer your question and if they can they will handle the transfer. They do charge a fee, but your are going to get that with any shop you go to.

TJR - sorry i didnt mean that it was for sure he wanted to use it as his service gun, but what if he did? I know where i live the LEO's are issued Sig sauers which are veryyyyyyyy niceeeee so they all carry them, but i do believe they have the right to carry what they want. i kinda added the police officer bit to assure everyone there is no illegal activity here lol.

i will look at the above two links. thanks guys.

Sigs are SWEET !!!

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

hahaha yes Todd i agree lol. especially that model 226 i see you have, very nice. i would love to have one, just not in my college budget at the time... lol i love my springfield XD40 though. thing is sweeeeeet

Mike, Agreed !!!

Todd Z

I am on my third Sig 229 (357).

Our agency has recently completed the research on new weapons. Still from the sig family..

I am hoping they will let us buy the Sigs we presently carry, but I would doubt it.

They are VERY durable, I put 60 thousand rounds through my first with 3 total rebuilds and new recoil springs every 5000 rounds.

Mike, i just got a XDM 40 cal and they are sweet. I used to live in Ma (now in Maine) and the gun laws there are crazy. I connected about five agencies just to find out how to get 14 handguns and six rifles back up here after my father died. I would say call a state police department, they gave me a number at the firearms bureau near Boston. I dont have the number anymore or I would give it to you.