ouija board?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ray moyer

Reaction score
anyone have an opinion on these... i mentioned this around some friends and they freaked out...

never used one but i dont see y there is so much fear behind a toy board game from walmart lol walmart is not that bad of a place haha

but seriously...what makes a ouija (weegie) board spooky i just dont get it

Ed, Ed, Ed, didn't your mother tell you that Satan never wore satin? As far as the Ouiji board goes, it never really worked unless we were very stoned. Then it was awesome, that thing would nail the questions everytime!! Even my Grandma said hello, at the same time as everybody in the room smelled her pefume. True story...spooky Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Satin in satan sheets?

2c5afd725cf4819def60257c89f27152.jpg

Ok so I can't spell. The spell checker should have known who I was talking about. It seems to me that for young folks it would be tantilizing. The same as those horiscopes.

Don't take a chance

Reaper,

You still live in TN?

If so, I suspect your friends freaked because they are a little spooked by such things. Maybe talking about Harry Potter or having a frank, intelligent discussion on the origin of the universe and higher forms of life might have also spooked them as well.

Some people have trouble seeing things for what they are... in the case of the Ouija board and Harry Potter, forms of entertainment. In the case of the tougher subjects, like the origins of the universe and we humans, well, a mystery to be unraveled through science and intellectual betterment.

TJR

yea, im still stuck in TN lol

and i guess... i asked a few more people and they are talking about bad juju haha

oh well funny stuff anyway

as for how we got here.... im all about the science

Quiji boards--eh, stupid toy but not without its dangers. Would you want your son or daughter to spend their life thinking they're talking to spirits and possibly going into the lucrative career field palm reading? Just to ignore the religious aspects of it...

I love science, but what it hasn't been able to explain...ah, nevermind...I'll leave that alone.

Please, just let me know when you think you grasp science better than the two I quote below:

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."

and

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."

--Albert Einstein

Or this unintelligable, higher-being-believing fool:

If we find the answer [the unified theory], it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason -- for we would know the mind of God."

and the hardest one for "intellectual elite" to answer:

Even if there is only one possible unified theory, it is just a set of rules and equations. What is it that breathes fire into the equations and makes a universe for them to describe?

--Stephen Hawking

How long should I wait?

before i say anything more

I believe in no higher power weather you call it Angels, God, Satan, whatever or whoever

Life unfolds itself be the decisions i make, not by some plan someone has set before me...

i bow to no man or any one else and i fear the wrath of no one...

thats me, religion to me is nothing

so as for whatever you were getting at... we got here some how, but if there is a god, he had to get here some how too and i dont think something went poof and he magically appear... so science happened somewhere...

anyway, god/religion vs science is :btddhorse:

But the universe went bang and we showed up a couple million years later. There is science to prove the statistical chances of that happening. I'm not going to look it up for anyone. Curious minds will inquire on their own. Once you know those statistics, you should also be open to the idea that a higher being had a hand in it. JMO

I'm just glad you find comfort in having no doubt that you have the intricacies of this universe figured out better than Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking.

And I agree,

:btddhorse:

nobody is going to change their minds because of a discussion on a message board.

I don't believe it has to be God vs science, though. I believe science is learning <I>of</I> God.

Did you ever wonder if the "Big Bang" was a nuclear explosion and our world/solar system/universe is just somebody else's atom? Protons and neutrons at the middle surrounded by 9 "electrons", Florine I think, my chemistry is pretty crappy. But think about it. Oh, by the way, I believe in His will, not mine, be done. So who knows? Bob

I discovered a few years ago that I could really make overly-religious people squirm by suggesting that maybe the human species is an space alien kid's ant farm and we're just too stupid to realize it.

I'm cool with religion being used to make people and our world a better place. I'm not so cool with religion being used as a means to provide easy answers to tough questions...questions like:

- how did we get here?

- why are we here?

- are we alone?

Some aren't comfortable with the notion that we humans here on earth might simply be lucky enough to have won the cosmic, evolutionary game of chance.

TJR